lillian13: (Death and Death and DEATH)
Well, I asked and was gifted: the Austin Municipal Court rescheduled my court appearance for the 14th of July. So I don't have to spend half of my birthday dealing with traffic court, which is awesome.

Birthday plans continue apace--if you live local to Austin and want to come, the party is at Mr Tramps on July 10 from 7-9. Presents totally optional but loved (as I am 12).

I now have new glasses! They are very hipstery:

Yes, that is chain detail at the temples. I am such an old metal nerd.

POSTCARD CALL! I'm going to San Francisco in a couple of weeks and I'll be finding and sending postcards. Let me know if you want one. (You can message me your address if you've never gotten a card from me or if your address has changed in the interim.)

lillian13: (Default)
Because My Life Needs More Irony Department: I was granted a continuance in my traffic court date, as the first one was scheduled to be while I was out of town. They very nicely rescheduled it...for my birthday. 

I have applied for another continuance, on the grounds that it's my 50th birthday, darn it, and I'd rather not spend it downtown in traffic court.
lillian13: (Default)
I keep meaning to post and meaning to post, but I open up the window and stare at the blank screen and go "...fuck it" and go do something else. Like play Threes on my iphone (OMG addicting game).

The foot surgery went fine, despite me being moved from the much-less-expensive surgical center to the hospital proper because my BMI was too high. The hell? Yes, I'm overweight and working on it, but I will defy you to find a "thin" person who has better bloodwork, etc. than I do. *sigh* I had pins sticking out of my toe for a month, and I had to wear a boot-thing, then stiff-soled sandals for another 2 weeks, but it is now a pretty darned happy foot and I'm back to my regular routine at the gym, etc. Which is good since I need to be in good condition to visit San Francisco in July!

The house continues to be scary but wonderful. I mean, I get compliments on it ALL THE TIME, and so far nothing major has gone splooey. We had a nice heavy set of rainstorms last week and since I put up my redneck retaining wall* on the side of my driveway that gets all the runoff from my neighbor's roof, there was no water in the garage afterwards! I need to add some concrete to the base of one of the poles on my chain link fence in the back yard since it's rusted out right at the base and frankly the money isn't there to do a major repair. I may do that tomorrow if I get up early enough for it not to be a damned sauna outside. I finally caved and turned on the AC, probably for good for the season, last night. The humidity was just too gross and I couldn't sleep.

I have changed doctors; I'm no longer seeing my brother. Which is good as I get the impression he's been phoning it in for quite a while. My new guy seems OK; he never mentioned my weight and gave me a couple of suggestions about why I'm having "hot flashes" when there is no way I'm going through menopause yet. (Heartburn, who'd've thunk?)

Also, I have moved all of my LJ entries over here, so if you have a DW account and I'm not in your circle, can you add me? I don't really trust our Russian Overlords not to get taken down by Putin.

* There was a pile of that cheap scalloped concrete brick in the back yard, which got moved in the rain because I am crap about planning ahead sometimes. It looks junky, but you can't see it from the street and it seems to be working so far. I'll replace it with something nicer as soon as my budget permits.

lillian13: (Default)
So, was Treadstone another attempt to re-create the Super Soldier serum? After watching the latest Bourne movie close on the heels of CA2, I'm more and more convinced that Treadstone and Outcome were HYDRA projects.

And I would LOVE to see fanfic of this. I'm willing to pay in cookies!
lillian13: (Default)
Well, it's official. I have my first broken bone.

Remember the toe? That my MD brother said wasn't broken? Well, last week I looked at it and said "This ain't right." to the cat, who was very unimpressed. I made an appointment with my podiatrist, who took x-rays and told me it was REALLY REALLY NO I MEAN IT BADLY BROKEN.

And, of course, it needs surgery, because that's just how I roll. He may also fix the bunion on that foot while he has the hood up; I'll know in a day or so.

My trainer gave me the exact same look my podiatrist did when I told them it really doesn't hurt (it doesn't). I'm beginning to think I may have missed my calling as a linebacker or MMA fighter.

So, right now we are tentatively set for April 2nd, not quite 2 years to the day after my first knee replacement. I already have a ticket to see Captain America 2 on that Friday and the Gem & Mineral Society's Swap Meet is the next Saturday. I want this done ASAP, as....

I am TAKING A VACATION OMG. Got the tax refund back (thank you, house!), and blew part of it on a ticket to San Francisco over the 4th of July, in order to take advantage of vacation days, a couple of excellent friends, and my 50th birthday the following week. No shows, no family, no commitments. Just FUN. And possibly baseball. (Just checked, they are playing the Cardinals the 1st-3rd. Awesome!)

House continues apace. I replaced my shower head and I 'm down to 3 boxes in the living room. House warming is the 29th, so I need to get art up on the walls!
lillian13: (Default)
My niece is going to London! She is a geek and I am looking for suggestions for cool things to do and see.

Also, is there anywhere she can pop in and buy Discworld paraphernalia? A particular gift shop/chain?

She'll be there March 7 through the 13th.
lillian13: (Default)
Short version:  While I was setting up for the Austin Flea on Saturday morning, one of my tent weights fell on my foot.

Long version: I have these weights to stabilize my tent in case of wind. They are made of PVC pipe roughly 2.5 feet high and 3 inches across, and they are filled with cement with a large eyebolt sticking out of one end. One of them tipped over from where I had it leaning, bounced off the asphalt, and landed on the big toe/ball of my foot.

Cue swearing. It HURT, but I quickly realized nothing was broken and I had to get the booth set up, so. It hurt all day, kind of a dull throbbing. When I got home and finally took my shoe and sock off, man, the bruising was SPECTACULAR. Bright red/purple, with some stylish almost-black accents. I iced it all evening, and iced it on and off all day on Sunday. The bruising has now spread to my second toe and across the top of my foot, but I can bend the toe, there's no numbness, so I figured I dodged a bullet on bone breakage.

The really annoying part is I'm still trying to get ready for the 10k in April and because of terrible weather I haven't been getting out and walking, and Sunday was absolutely gorgeous. (I did get a lot of base enameling and laundry done though, so yay?)

I'll be applying my heat pack to it all day in the hopes of making it better sooner. sigh.

But, the show was a rousing success mainly due to a couple of women just walking in and buying without even looking at the prices. Made up for a little hipster chick trying to talk me down on a pair of earrings she was buying as a present.
lillian13: (Default)
Really, I'm not. I often say "The last bug that bit me DIED", and I haven't had to take more than one day (knee surgeries excepted) off for illness in over a dozen years. It was the flu then, and it's the flu now.

I already had a doctor's appointment to refill my scrips, but by noon I was feeling pretty terrible. I went in, mentioned my symptoms, and my doc said, "It's the flu. Get this filled and go home." So I hit the grocery store and went home. 

Yes, I got my shot. But that was back in September/October. It may have worn off or I caught a variant. So far it's been pretty mild--some fever, headache, sore throat, lower back ache (though that seems to be over), some sinus clogging (mostly my ears), and a Complete Lack of Brain. Seriously, [personal profile] dremiel  texted me to see if I wanted anything and I could not decide on what crackers I wanted. I just could not. I stared at my phone for a solid several minutes before I told her to get me whatever. 

THIS IS VERY ANNOYING. I just found out that I have a show next Saturday (8th) and I have to get some things done. I've been lounging around (well tbh, it's either been really cold or I've needed to Get Shit Done Around The House), and haven't rebuilt my inventory. I'm going to try to get some coin stuff done today, which mainly involves putting holes in things.

Also, I am trying to train to walk the Capital 10K. This will be my first race-like thing ever, and I'm doing it to celebrate my new knees and newfound strength. Luckily my company will pay my entrance fee, since good walking shoes are expensive. Very expensive. I know it's only 6.2 miles, but I really need to build up my endurance. [personal profile] dremiel  and her son will walk with me, which is going to be a huge help. And my trainer wants to come cheer me on--if he can spot me, they had 18,000 people participate last year.

So, bleah.

lillian13: (Default)
I'm going to brag on myself just a tad.

My brother-in-law (sister's widower), has had a really bad run lately. First Cindy died--they'd been married 28 years--then both his parents died. THEN his asshole of a boss fires him. So I'd been pestering him about getting on unemployment, about contacting whoever is executing his parents' estate, etc. etc. As I do, when I worry.

About 3 weeks ago, an old friend posted on FB that she was looking for techs in the Midland/Odessa area (where he lives). I forwarded her his information, and after some back-and-forth, they made him an offer this morning. I just sent him the funds via Western Union (pricey!) to get his driver's license reinstated. He'll be driving around in a company van, fixing ATMs. Not what he was doing, which was CAD work for oil companies, but at least he can pay rent and get out of his apartment.

This is what I love to do. Make connections and Get Things Done. Wish I was doing more of it in my day job, but I'll take it where I can get it.

House: Still unpacking, down to a handful of boxes in the living room, a couple in the bedroom, and several in the office/indoors workshop. I *may* have found someone to take the Utterly Huge Workbench out of my garage--seriously, the damn thing is 8 feet long, 7 feet tall, and almost 3 feet deep, and is in the Wrong Spot in the garage--and while the workshop is a Progress, I'm getting work done. I've trimmed the plants in the yard and gotten up the non-yard leaves. Since I now have a nice sharp lawnmower blade I may mow this weekend if the grass dries out enough.

TV: I am now officially addicted to The Blacklist. OMG Kevin Spacey! I may never forgive Person of Interest, American Horror Story is the Good Crack, Agents of SHIELD is finally coming together, and I just mainlined The Returned, a deliciously creepy French zombie miniseries. I hold out hopes for the return of Supernatural and Elementary, and Teen Wolf is still as wacky as ever. Justified came back with a bang (10 or 11 bodies?). And Sherlock. There's more, of course. But I have to read the new Pratchett book sometime....
lillian13: (Default)
Well, this year has been a hell of a roller-coaster ride.

About this time a year ago, I was just starting to contemplate buying a house. It took six months but I finally found one. (I'm still a bit in shock; I'd always assumed I would be a lifelong renter. Both my Amazing Sister-in-Law and my Realtor-in-Law worked tirelessly to make this happen and I will always be in their debt.)

At the end of January, I finally bit the bullet and both joined the YMCA and signed up with a personal trainer. A decision I will never, ever regret.

In July, I lost my sister to lung cancer. It was a blitz attack; six weeks from diagnosis to death. And oh, yeah, I turned 49. And my brother's divorce became final. July has a lot to answer for.

In August, I lost an old friend to suicide. Still working on processing that one.

In September, I had one of my best shows ever (WorldCon in San Antonio.) I've started showing at SF cons more, which cost me more (out of town expenses), but usually pay out more. Plus, they're inside, unlike the majority of my local craft shows.

I discovered new fandoms/shows! Teen Wolf, Person of Interest, Elementary, Sleepy Hollow, Almost Human, Adventure Time, Pacific Rim...

For some reason, I appear to have also lost a friend. A woman I have known for over 10 years just...stopped talking to/communicating with me. No reason, no explanation. Since she won't tell me, there's nothing I can do. *shrug* It really bothered me for a couple of months, but now I'm at the point where she will either call me or she won't; it's all on her. I sent her a birthday card and a Christmas card, but if I don't hear from her, I'll have to write her off. I refuse to pine after someone who has apparently decided I'm not worth her time.

I hope your year hasn't been too horrible, and I wish you the best of all possible 2014's.

lillian13: (Default)
Sunday was InLawMas. Went over to my sister-in-law's family Christmas, which they have always been gracious enough to invite me to. I took over a basket of earrings and tie bars, plus a couple of gift cards for a new mom and a college guy who would have no use for a tie bar. I got a couple of gift cards and a nice bottle of wine. We ate until we all fell over, then I went home and did laundry. :-)

Christmas and Christmas Eve were very pleasant. I do Christmas Eve with my friends J and L and J's mom. It was kind of low-key, because L's hedgehog had died that day. So, she wasn't very upbeat. (The vet said it looked like the breeder had been very bad with inbreeding; Lilo's heart was about 4x too large and there were other anatomical problems. (Though personally I've never seen the point in having a pet with a maximum lifespan of 5 years, she was a very cute and friendly critter.))

We went out to Threadgills to have a dinner we didn't have to make--yay grilled pork chops and applesauce and chocolate icebox pie!) and then we went back to open presents. Everyone liked what they got--I know I put a lot of thought into their presents, since I've known them for almost 30 years!

Christmas Day, the World's Best Niece and I went over to my brother's house. We had breakfast (Aunt Mary's rolls, bacon, and homemade eggnogg) and watched Emily, the visiting Golden Retriever, destroy things. My nephew called and we did stockings--stockings are big in my family--and presents, and talked and talked. Then the Niece went off to do Newly-Single-Woman Christmas with her mom and I went home to watch Hogfather.

My friends from Connecticut are in town, so we went to dinner last night and talked and talked. We're going to dinner tonight and then we're all watching the Dr Who Christmas Special, among other things.

House: In the midst of all this I had the home warranty folks over to work on the oven, which I noticed was running 5-75F too hot. Not only was the thermostat in need of replacement but the igniter needed to be replaced. The thermostat is ordered, and at least it's only running about 25F too hot now...I've also trimmed back all my plantings and raked up some of the leaves. At least I can see the sidewalks now! I'm torn between putting them out for the trash guys or starting a compost pile.

Tomorrow IkkiCon starts, so I'm spending about half of my vacation time dealing with tween and high school anime fans. Yay. The cash will be nice, though.


Dec. 5th, 2013 10:24 pm
lillian13: (Default)
 Well, that was a long break. I apologize. In my defense, life has been one insane thing after another.

I'm now about 65% unpacked, mostly due to my friends L & J and having them and J's mother over for Thanksgiving. I may not have a real kitchen table, but one of my folding tables looks pretty good with a Target-on-sale tablecloth and placemats. Thanksgiving went well; I introduced L to the tradition of Let's Go To A Movie While The Crazy People Watch Football. Thor 2 was just as fun the second time around.

The workshop is up and running though I know I will be futzing with it for a long time. I went and bought a table setup at IKEA's 'table bar'--there's legs on one end and an Alex 7-drawer unit on the other. (I love putting together IKEA furniture. Everything fits!) So I now have a dedicated enameling space, which is really sweet. I did discover that when the previous owners re-sodded the back yard they screwed with the runoff, so the garage has gotten quite wet twice now. I think I know where to apply a shovel, though. It may not look pretty, but it should fix the problem.

Haven't gotten any of the things done to the place that I wanted, since the maintenance man from my old complex completely flaked on me and hasn't answered repeated emails, texts, or calls. So getting the screen door and the storm door installed is on hold for now. *sigh*

The Austin Celtic Festival went well--the weather was incredibly great (after we had a record flood 2 days before). My sales were very solid but I could tell that I needed to have the deeper inventory that I usually do. Moving really cut into jewelry making, though.

I was going to have an outdoor show this weekend, usually one of my better ones, but we're going to have crappy freezing weather all weekend, so they cancelled it. At least I might have time to finally hang Christmas lights and get the last of the books out of the second bedroom, since my sister-in-law has bought a small sofa bed to put in there so she has a place to stay when she comes into town. It gets delivered next Saturday. 

Speaking of nice things, a couple of my friends sold their house (for way too much money), and since they are downsizing to a condo, they offered me a lot of lawn equipment--a Black & Decker chargeable lawn mower, a leaf blower, rakes, shovels, pruners/loppers/saws. a shelf, a window AC unit to replace the old one in the garage, a dehumidifier, sprinklers, and a big floor fan. Now all I need is a weed trimmer!

I'm still missing the hell out of my sister. She would have really gotten a kick out of this house. :-(
lillian13: (Default)
 Wow, I've been really remiss.

With the help of several friends, the apartment got packed in plenty of time for the movers to show up last Monday morning. As I promised, the only things they had to move were furniture and boxes. I must have made 20 trips with my wagon, hauling clothes and lamps and artwork (thank you, [personal profile] sadpear !) and all that loose stuff that wouldn't have made sense to pack into boxes. Including the cats. ;-)

Even with the side trips to my storage unit and my workshop, they had me moved in 4 hours. I was very impressed! Then I went back to the apartment and spackled holes and got that one last load of crap out. 

Over next couple of days: the AT&T guy showed up (early!), and got me all set up, I got the bathroom unpacked, moved some furniture, bought lots of stuff at Home Depot/Lowes, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, The Container Store.... I took a break on Thursday and had lunch and ran about with [personal profile] nwhepcat on her visit (mmm, Ms P's Electric Cock). I figured out how to use the washer and dryer, took my Christmas order from Dragon's Lair, and tried to catch up on my sleep.

Back to my regular routine on Monday, including the gym! And I'm hoping for good weather this weekend for the Austin Celtic Festival.

So, that was my week, how was yours?
lillian13: (Default)
I've been in an increasingly bad mood/not sleeping well for the past several days. It took me a while, but I've finally figured it out.

My sister's 59th birthday would have been Sunday. My mother's 88th birthday would have been on the 8th of October. They lived to 58 and 66, respectively.

I've been thinking a lot about Cindy lately. I realized, that like my mother, we never had a chance to really talk as adults. My mother, because she died before I grew up enough to actually talk to her like an adult.

My sister...well, until the last several years, she was never not impaired in some way. Drugs, alcohol, or both. Looking back, I have very few memories of her where she was straight/sober. I can honestly say I never really knew her. She moved out with my father (along with David) when our parents divorced when I was very young, and I didn't really reconnect with her until she moved back to Midland when I was in high school, two crappy marriages under her belt. Don't get me wrong, she was a nice person, but looking back I never got a chance to know Cindy-my-sister as opposed to Cindy-high-on-something.

I had the chance, later. But I was just so tired of dealing with her. For years she never contacted me unless she needed something--usually money, or to ask me to ask our brother for money. Or she would be all kinds of messed up when I'd call, but I ignored it, the way you do when you're so used to something you don't even notice it any more. I could never get past that deep-down exhaustion you get from dealing with an addict. I was always convinced that she would revert, and so I never took the chance to know her better after she sobered up. She made overtures a few times, but I never connected back in the way she wanted. I didn't (and still don't) have it in me to forgive.

Now I wish I had blown off all my commitments and driven out to Midland the weekend before I ultimately did. I might have had a chance to talk to her one last time.  

Damn it.

You win!

Sep. 20th, 2013 02:51 pm
lillian13: (Default)
 OK, I have succumbed. Any suggestions as to where I can watch Person of Interest from the beginning?
lillian13: (Default)
 Yesterday morning I met Kay the Realtor at THE HOUSE to do a walk-through before the closing. I met one of the owners, and I joked that I'd actually bought the workshop with an attached house. Her response? "That's one of the reasons we sold it to you." (!)

Upon further contemplation, I can live with the red kitchen, though I  still want to repaint the dining area. On my list: get window(s) installed in garage, screen door on garage, storm door on back door, possibly seal the workshop floor, replace vent fans in master bath. I'd love to replace the carpet in the last two rooms, but that's probably out of my price range right now. :-(

Then I went and Signed All The Papers. Both Kay and my Awesome Loan Agent were there to hold my hand. Kay gave me this awesome binder with all sorts of pockets for everything. Then she took me out to lunch. :-)

About 3:00, I get a call from the title company. They caught a mistake at the seller's closing. I owed more money. :-( Not a HUGE amount, but still, a chunk. 

I should be getting a key and a check for my rent today. (The sellers are paying my apartment rent in October as part of their one month leaseback.)

And here it is:
lillian13: (Default)
I had a really long and detailed post all planned out in my head, but I can't be arsed to write it out, as it would be pretty boring.

Short form: I sold a LOT of jewelry.

Long form: Holy shit, I sold a lot of jewelry.

I was nervous--these are my people, but this was a big financial risk for me. And you never know what people are going to want to buy.

Well, I was in the black by Friday afternoon. It was a wonderful feeling. :-)

I sold to Lois McMaster Bujold, Carrie Vaughn, Mary Kay Kare, C. J. Mills, Mur Lafferty, and several other "names". Didn't get a chance to see Tanya Huff or Seanen McGuire, but they were very busy. Had a nice talk with Jay Lake. Got dragged along to a dinner with Hugh Howie (Wool), and introduced a couple of friends to the joys of World Con Masquerades and Hugo Awards ceremonies. Restricted myself to one piece from the art show* and one bag of books.

I was able to hit the Trader Joe's in San Antonio for snacks and for frozen food on the way back to Austin. One opens here on the 20th but I'm not going anywhere NEAR it for a month at least. The crowds will be epic.

Now I have 3 weekends free this month to get ready for both FenCon and the Austin Celtic Festival, as I will be packing and moving all of October. A good problem to have, but....

* You know you've been collecting for too long when you wander through a con art show and think "That's a really nice set of originals by that artist, but my collection is much better."
lillian13: (Default)
 Of the good:

The loan for the house is in underwriting. So far we are on track for a 9/10 closing. And I don't have to move in September! My sellers had to back out of their home, so they need the time to find a new place. I'm doing a leaseback for a month and I'll move in late October. Which is better for me since I won't have to run myself into the ground with shows and the move in September. Plus, it might actually be cooler. Though that's only about a 50/50 chance. :-)

The Austin Craft Riot Summer Show was a good one! Indoors with A/C and we got a lot of nice publicity. I sold both Dr Who switch plates (within about 5 minutes of each other), and wrapped up a few new pieces. Sales were solid for a non-holiday show. My friends J and L came and helped me tear down, which always makes things go faster.

Of the bad:

I've lost 2 more people in the last week or so. A fellow vendor, Jo Peshek, passed away in her sleep last week. She was fighting metastatic melanoma. She was funny and smart and a helluva lot of fun to talk to.

I got a call from the World's Best Niece on Friday. (An actual phone call, mind you. This is a rare occurrence.) She wanted to let me know that a good friend of the family, a man I've known since I was in grade school, had killed himself. Sheldon was my brother's best friend in high school and later; was the best man at his wedding. He lent me his beloved Buick to take my driving test. He was fabulous and witty and knew more about diamonds and jewelry than anyone else I've ever met. He had a wife and son. I'm torn between sympathy (I was suicidal in my teens) and rage (how dare he do that to his wife and son!). I've been thinking a lot about him this week.

Of the both:

Sunday morning I was driving to the show when I heard a tremendous "flap-flap-flap" from the front left wheel of the car. It went away after a while, and I went to my garage first thing Monday morning. My tire had decided to start peeling apart and bits had gotten all up in my brakes. My mechanic got all the bits out and put my full-sized spare on. When I went to Discount Tire, they discovered that all 3 of the tires were like that (probably due to having bad shocks/struts for about a year--fixed now). But since they were pretty new, they replaced them at a substantial discount. And it's a much quieter ride now!

Now i just have to get an alignment and inspection. And my car radio has stopped working--not getting any power--but I think that may be a fuse.

lillian13: (Default)
I have now signed approximately 1 million pieces of paper. I have a good loan rate, the insurance quote is reasonable, and so far there appear to be no bumps in the road. The appraisal is happening this week; I should know Friday or Monday.

They've replaced the vanity in the smaller bathroom, which is nice. 

I've been getting weird quotes on moving. Seriously, they're ranging from $400- $1000. "Oh, it will take at least 8 hours to move you!" Bullshit. It's a small 2-bedroom apartment. I'm going to move all my clothes and art and electronics and loose things (vacuum, etc.) myself. It's going to be boxes and furniture, and while I will have a LOT of boxes--I have a LOT of books--I really don't have much in the way of furniture. It's not going to take any 8 hours, I assure you. I'm going with one of the hourly rate guys, I think. They seem the most efficient. But if anybody local has suggestions, please pass them along.

The plan is to have a packing/move loose stuff party a couple of days before the move and pay a cleaning service the day after. Then the next week is FenCon.

...and I just got a notice that I am a possible marrow match. Why now?

lillian13: (Default)
 Oh yeah, I haven't told you about this one, have I? Let me sum up. Hmm. A lot has happened in the last week. I'll keep to the house-related bits.

I had Friday and Monday off this past weekend. I checked my email that morning and found several houses, one of which had a garage already set up for a workshop. Made appointment with Kay to go see them Saturday morning after I made a run to the farmer's market. 

Go to farmer's market. Buy stuff. It's drizzling, yay!  Head out to see houses.

Readers, I Fell In Love.

Not big, ~1200 sq. ft. Detached garage that was already fully wired and lighted and had a window AC installed. Lovely, lovely house. Some repainting needed--a red kitchen, really?--a small yard with well-established grass and trees, only two rooms carpeted (less to remove), etc. etc. Kay looked around and asked if we should just go back and put in an offer? I said we should go look at the others on the list because you never know. But I DID want to put an offer in.

The other houses were terrible. Every single one had obvious and monstrous foundation issues. So back home we go, and Kay starts on the offer paperwork. I clean. I text my sister-in-law about the house. She loves it too.

Loves it enough to offer me a substantial amount of money to help with the down payment, etc. (swoons)

I let Kay know. I have dinner, I go sign papers. They want more than it's really worth, for the neighborhood. So we sweeten the deal on the back end--cover closing costs, offer to pay for the appliances, etc., while offering a price more in line with the area/size of house, etc.

Sunday night they counter-offer. Monday, I accept, because I WANT THIS HOUSE.

Inspection is set for Wednesday. 

Inspection goes well!! The house needs new ducting as the original was crappy plastic and it's disintegrating. Also the dryer vent (it's always the dryer vent) is almost completely clogged. Plus some other issues, nothing major. We send off the amendment to the offer.

Thursday after work I give my 60 days notice at the apartment. Two hours later, Kay calls me to tell me they'll fix everything we asked for and probably some more besides. (Being nice to people's bottom line works! Woo!)

This morning I initialed the amendment. I contacted my loan person and told her to start the appraisal process. I'm seeing her Monday.


And my timing SUCKS. I have a major show on the 17th-18th. Then WorldCon over Labor Day weekend. Then FenCon the first weekend in October. And I'm selling shirts at Brony Fan Fair in there too.

*breathes deep* I can do this, I can do this.


lillian13: (Default)

July 2016

345 6789


RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 26th, 2017 07:57 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios