OK, since it's been...THREE MONTHS? since I posted last, here is What Has Been Happening, the Short Form:
- I had a wonderful time in San Francisco--we ran around, went to a Giants game, ate All The Food, and went to the Winchester Mystery House. Very fun and relaxing and I even bought shoes.
- Summer shows went well--I sell very well at SF conventions, and now I'm seriously considering doing Soonercon in June, since I have a couch to crash on.
- I would love to go to Sasquan in Spokane next year, but even a year out the air fare is something like $300, plus I have to buy a $140 membership on top of a $250 table. Since The World's Best Niece and her new boyfriend want to go back to San Diego Comic Con, I may just do that instead, since I have several standing offers for passes from friends who are dealers.
- I may be getting the other bunion fixed before the end of the year since I met my deductible, and now that the other one is fixed I can tell that this one is bothering me.
- After I deal with the madness that is Austin Celtic Festival this weekend, I have to start prepping for the Blue Genie Art Bazaar! This is a juried month-long indie artist craft mall--the organizers handle all the transactions, etc., and the artists are responsible for their displays and restocking. Getting in was a Big Deal for me, and now I'm panicking just a wee bit, trying to figure out my display, etc.
- The wonderful woman who let me use her garage as a workshop for over 2 years passed away. Joan was incredibly generous to someone she didn't know (I know her daughter). She went out on her own terms, though. Came home from the hospital, walked around her house, had a couple of margaritas, and went to bed. She died in her sleep. I miss her terribly.
- I'm on tumblr, where I mainly post pictures of my work: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/